Earlier today we received a statement from the Football Association (“The FA”) in relation to non-elite football, following the UK Government’s announcement on Saturday evening regarding new national COVID-19 restrictions that will be in place from Thursday 5 November 2020 until Wednesday 2 December 2020.
As a result of these restrictions, and subject to Members of Parliament voting in favour of them tomorrow [Wednesday 4 November 2020] and the publication of bespoke guidance from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, the following will be suspended during this period:
- All fixtures and training for Steps 3-6 of the National League System;
- All fixtures and training for Tiers 3-7 of the Women’s Football Pyramid;
- All fixtures and training for the Regional NLS Feeder Leagues;
- All fixtures and training for The Barclays FA WSL Academy League;
- All fixtures and training for FA Girls Regional Talent Clubs;
- All fixtures and training for indoor and outdoor youth and adult grassroots football.
The FA’s aim remains to ensure that the 2020/21 season is completed at these levels.
We similarly received notice this afternoon from St Helens Borough Council that all of its sports facilities (which includes the grass and 3G pitches at Ruskin Drive) will close tomorrow [Wednesday] night at 10pm if Parliament votes as expected in favour of the restrictions that afternoon.
Accordingly, the following first team fixtures in the North West Counties Football League First Division North will be suspended and rearranged as soon as it is possible to do so:
- Sat 7 Nov – Garstang (A)
- Sat 14 Nov – Nelson (A)
- Wed 18 Nov – AFC Blackpool (A)
- Sat 21 Nov – Golcar United (A)
We hope we can return to action in early December and resume our league campaign with an away trip to Chadderton on Saturday 5 December.
In the meantime, we hope that all our players, coaches, officials, supporters, suppliers and their family members can stay safe and well during these challenging times.