We are delighted to be one of the Co-op Community Fund’s causes this year. The Co-op Local Community Fund helps to support local projects. Since its launch in 2016, Co-op members have raised over £60 million pounds for more than 21,000 local causes, and we are thrilled to be one of them this year.
Furthermore, the Co-op has recently doubled the amount it gives to local communities on behalf of its members. For every £1 you spend on selected Co-op products and services, 2p now goes to community causes.
So, how can you help?
Existing Co-op Members: choose Pilkington FC in the Community as your cause
Co-op members who choose Pilkington FC in the Community as their cause raise money for us every time they buy Co-op branded products and services. What’s more, you don’t have to be a resident of St Helens. Co-op members across the UK can choose us as their cause.
So if you are a member of the Co-op, and know others who are (wherever they live), please ask them to choose Pilkington FC in the Community by signing into their membership account or by calling the membership helpline on 0800 023 4708.
Potential new Co-op Members: Join the Co-op and choose Pilkington FC in the Community as your cause
If you aren’t a Co-op member, it is easy to sign up and costs only £1, plus you get some great benefits. (Click to go to the Co-op membership page)
For instance, as a member you can also:
- earn 2p back for every £1 you spend on selected Co-op products and services;
- save on your shopping every week with personalised offers; and
- get more discounts and deals on Co-op services and products.
The more Co-op members that choose Pilkington FC in the Community as their cause, the more funds are raised for our community programme, letting us continue to use the power of football to inspire the people of St Helens.
Through Pilkington FC in the Community, where we arrange regular football sessions for all, regardless of age, ability, gender, ethnicity or background, we seek to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of those in our local community.
If you’re still in any doubt as to how to help us and how you can choose or change your local cause online through your Co-op membership, then follow these simple instructions:
- Open your Co-op Account online with your email and password;
- Under ‘Your Co-op Community’ click into ‘Find out about the Co-op Community Fund’;
- Click into ‘Select your cause’;
- This takes you to the ‘Choose a local cause’ page;
- Scroll down to ‘Find other causes’ and increase the distance from 5 miles to 15 miles from your post code address;
- Click ‘search causes’;
- Scroll down to the local cause that you wish to support and click into it.
If you would prefer to speak to the Co-op rather than do it online, you can contact them on their freephone number of 0800 023 4708. Provide them with your email address and password and after a few security questions, they’ll do the rest!