2010 onwards

The 2010/11 season was all about instilling a more professional and ambitious culture within the club. The ground was repainted and certain standards were asked of the players to ensure that we were competitive on the pitch at all levels. The results of this effort was plain to see. The 1st Team drastically turned around last season's disappointing 12th place and led the league from early October right up to the final day of the season. The team, managed by Ste Palfrey and his assistant, Lee Webber, had to suffer a crushing blow as they missed out on being crowned Cheshire First Division Champions by goal difference.

The reserve team had also benefited and completed the clubs first-ever double winning season. They were crowned Reserve League Champions for the second time in 3 seasons, which was capped off with a memorable night in March, when they won the Reserve Division Cup at Trafford FC.

2013 - 75 year dinner in celebration of Pilkington FC
Following relegation the previous season, the 3rd team, were to play this season in the St Helens Combination Division One. It proved hard to field regular sides and at the end of the season the club decided to disband the 3rd team completely and concentrate on Cheshire League football only.

The disappointment of losing the league on goal difference mixed with the ambition of some players to move up to the next level, the 2011/12 season was one of frustration for Ste Palfrey and Lee Webber as they struggled to replace the quality that was lost and they ended up finishing 9th. The reserve team did continue from where they left off but were pipped at the last post, finishing runners-up to a very strong Billinge side. They did however exact some revenge over them, when they retained the Reserve Division League Cup by beating Billinge in the final 3-0.

The 2012/13 season saw a change of management teams within the club. Club-captain and Pilkington stalwart, Kenny Dixon took over the reigns of the 1st Team whilst Lee Webber took over the reserve team with Dave Bierne and Ste Palfrey as his assistants. Pre-season started full of vigour but unfortunately it didn't work out for Kenny and ex-reserve team manager Dave Webster and Dave Bierne took over as interim managers after 12 games. The focus was for the club to return to the ethos of building strong squads with young players in the reserve team, but unfortunately, their inexperience showed throughout the season but they still managed to finish a credible 13th.

The 2013/14 started with yet another new manager at the helm of the First Team as the Club looked at ex-Warrington Town FC Assistant Manager, John Evans to continue the development of the young players at the club. This appointment was again short-lived and Reserve Team Manager Lee Webber stepped into the fold halfway through the season and the First Team narrowly escaped relegation due to Cuddington FC pulling out of the league. The Reserve Team, under the guidance of Ste Palfrey, continued to develop but without any real consistency they finished the league in 11th position.

In 2014/15 another new management team took over with Antony Dean hoping to make a success of a job that had become a hot seat in recent seasons. Anthony brought in a new squad of players who were experienced at at a higher level. The season started very strongly and after the first 10 games the First Team was top of the league. However after losing a few players to injury and suspensions cracks started to appear and Tony found it hard to keep together what was a very strong squad of players. On the back of some pretty heavy defeats, Tony decided to leave the position just after Christmas. The club then looked to Matt Potter to galvanise a new squad halfway through the season, this proved a very difficult task and the First Team were relegated to Division One for the first time since 1990. The reserve team, under the guidance of Ste Palfrey and player/coach Danny Hughes, continued to develop and finished 3rd in the Reserve Division 2.

2015 v Maine Road FC

Founded 1938